A topic we all relate to – procrastination. Delaying doing the things we know we need to do, putting off the inevitable, or just being a lazy bones. We’ve all experienced it, we all know there are things we procrastinate about in our lives. So how do we combat that? Or do we even bother? 😉
In this podcast episode we look at:
- How to just start with putting one foot in front of the other
- Learning ways to move forward in our lives by taking small actions first
- How action begets action
- Perfectionism as another word for procrastination.
- How to be a little less judgemental of ourselves and others
- Listening to our higher selves and honoring that
- How procrastination can sometimes be a good thing
- How our small efforts compound to create big action
- How you can get beyond procrastination and be the person you want to be, making the difference in the world that you want to make
Questions addressed in this podcast episode:
- Will implementing strategies to stop procrastination kill creativity and spontaneity?
- Sometimes I find a good technique but then I revert back to old habits? How do I stop doing that?
- Does ending procrastination require adherence to a rigid system that takes a lot of time, effort, and struggle?
- If someone procrastinates, doesn’t it mean they’re lazy?
Our tips on overcoming procrastination include:
- Creating a routine that becomes automatic
- Put one foot in front of the other
- Trick yourself into starting
- Seeing structure as just the first step to getting in action
- Stretch goals
- Give yourself space for creativity to blossom
- Tell the little voice in your head to mind it’s own business
- Green tea! 🙂